Another repost from here.
Charice will be part of a superstar line-up that will perform in the 13th “Christmas in Rockefeller Center” Special.
“The star-studded holiday special will feature performances by … (these artists)… with a mix of current hits and holiday classics,” the statement said.
As per NBC’s statement, a powerhouse ensemble will be there in the event, including:
◦Grammy winner Mariah Carey is considered as the most successful recording artist of all time, with more than 60 million albums sold.
◦ Sheryl Crow has nine Grammy awards on her belt and has just released a new album with the title “100 Miles from Memphis”.
◦ Josh Groban is known for his excellent vocal quality and for fusing pop with classical influences. In case you don’t know him, Groban jokingly said, “I am Joe Jonas to your mothers.”
◦ Jessica Simpson has developed from a full time recording artist into a full-fledged philanthropist, after helping an orphanage and also as Operation Smile’s International Youth Ambassador.
◦ Susan Boyle is a testament to the saying that one should not judge a book by its cover. She joined the UK talent show, “Britain’s Got Talent”, showing other people that there’s a lot more to her than meets the eye.
◦Annie Lennox , formerly of the band “Eurythmics”, is the most successful British female in pop history. She has won ten Grammy awards including the 1993 Album of the Year for her compilation, “Diva”.
◦ Katherine Jenkins has received multiple multi-platinum awards, and is known for her specialty – opera and classical music. However, she wants to show her versatility after releasing US debut Album, “Believe”, produced by 15-time Grammy winner David Foster.
◦ Kylie Minogue is one of the most enduring figures in the world of music. Having started in the 1980’s with the hit remake “Locomotion”, she continues to churn out hit after hit, with “All the Lovers”, released in 2010.
◦ Jackie Evancho is a rising young star who was first recognized in Youtube, and later via the talent show, “America’s Got Talent”. Her angelic voice has wowed not only America, but also the rest of the planet.
Hosted by NBC’s Natalie Morales and Al Roker, the said event will celebrate the lighting of the Rockefeller Center’s world-famous Christmas tree.
“The 78th annual holiday extravaganza will feature a tree that is 74 feet high, 40 feet in diameter and weighs a whopping 12 tons,” it added.
NBC will air the event live on Tuesday, November 30th at 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM eastern. WNBC and other affiliate stations nationwide will also broadcast an additional live hour of the event from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Aside from this, Charice, unaffected by sushi, is also scheduled for performances in the following events:
Citadel’s 9th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Show (Los Angeles, CA; November 20th)
Charice will be with Cody Simpson to cheer up the crowd with their performances. The show will be held at the Citadel Outlets in downtown Los Angeles.
Kiss 98.5 Kissmas Bash 2010 (Buffalo, NY; December 4th):
Charice will perform at the HSBC Areana with Maroon 5, Kelly Rowland, Kevin Rudolf, Miranda Cosgrove, and Neon Trees. Tickets for this much anticipated event were already sold out.
2010 WNCI 97.9 Jingle Ball (Columbus, OH; December 7th)
She will be with other top bills rock band “Train” and 22-year-old Billboard chart topper Mike Posner. The event will be held at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion.
XL 106.7’s 2010 XL’ent Xmas Show (Orlando, FL; December 12th)
Charice will perform again with the rock band “Train”, the group who popularized the song “Drops of Jupiter”, among others.
By RJ Nieto, charicemania.com
Read Full Post »