Who does not dream of a car? I would lie if I would say I didn’t. Having a car is actually on my list of things to have since I can’t remember well. All I can remember is I wanted to follow the path of one of my Uncle who had his house and lot and vehicle before he got married.
And if you will realize, having a car means you are exposed to more expenses. Believe it or not, its the truth! Back then, all I can think of the reason why I want a vehicle is to avoid commuting everyday. I thought I can save this way.
What I did not know and realize early on are the following:
- that you need to pay for a car wash
- that I need to pay toll
- that there is this so called car insurance and its renewed annually
- that there are things need to be settled with LTO
- that i need to pay PARKING FEE
- it will not run if you will not buy fuel
Here are the things you might want more if you have a car:
- replace the mags
- install a curt trailer hitch
- change your head light to a better one
- car accessories
- customize the car
The first part are expenses inevitable while the second part are things you can opt out if the concern is budget. Bottomline is, HAVING A CAR DOES NOT FOLLOW SAVINGS, it will actually expose you to more expenses. Believe you me!!!
Read Full Post »
Two more days to go and its Sunday again. I was talking to Rey over the phone earlier and he mentioned that he and Gab will again go to Robinson’s mall in Imus. Remember what I told you previously regarding our Sunday Family Time Together
, Rey is head over heels for Tom’s World Arcade. I surely don’t want my son to learn that all the coins and tokens he sees should go to the slot machines at the arcade. I want to him to learn how to save at an early age.
A smart mom should know how to guide a misguided kid. I chance this opportunity when Gab choose this blue piggy bank over an angry bird toy in Puregold few days ago when we bought his milk. So now, instead of thinking of dropping his coins to the slot machine, he is now dropping any and all the coins he sees at home into his piggy bank. We owe a birthday party for our kid on his third birthday, this is his first actually. I am happy to have an invitationbox.com party invitations since I find it so cool. Hope Gab is happy to spend some of his savings for the invites.
Read Full Post »
Does your battery always run out when you’re on the go? I have few tips on how tosave battery life on you celphone, more especially an Android. A lot of people are having issues with battery and the most common is battery life, and if you don’t have an extra bucks to buy you a spare battery, then you should always carry of charger with you and find a socket where you can plug it to recharge your phone.
I have been using an android for a couple of months now and my real issue with the battery is that it runs out when I am on a phone call or downloading files from the internet. So here’s are some tricks on how we can save battery. Helped me a lot, should help you too.
- Lower the brightness, its not always night, so when you on broad day light, its best to low the brightness of you phone
- Wi-fi, bluetooth and GPS should be off when not in use
- Sync ( if you are not using Gmail, tweeter or anything else, its best to stop syncing to save tons of battery life)
-Task Killer – get a free task killer program so anything that is not in use for about 5 mins, depends on your settings, get shuts off
-Vibrate/Ringing - turn it off /low when not needed.
Price of phone batteries are really high so its really important if we save it, its not something like makita batteries
that we can purchase at a much affortable price. Most of us would like to have high end phone and battary should also go with its manufacturers price. So, let’s save energy, save battery life.
Read Full Post »
I love the most recent post in female network, reading their post about Tipid Tips: 5 Luxuries You Can Live Without hit me. It made me make my own list of 5 ways I can be save.
1. Spend QT with my family every Sunday at home. Instead of going to the mall and spending our time running after Gab at the mall and making ourselves hungry, we’ll spend the whole Sunday at home and making our own snacks while watching movies.
2. Go to work with full stomach and bring pack lunch.
3.Stay away from junk foods. Yellow corns fresh from the market are best substitute for snacks, bread from the local bakery is much healthier from those in expensive fast food chains.
4. Re-use. Instead of buying trash liners, we will reuse grocery bags.
5. Avoid temptations such as high priced phones. I have 3 functional phones and they still serve the purpose of call and text.
Now, I wonder when will I give in for himalayan bath salts. Rey is asking me to try having full body spa and massage, this is the best time I visit group buying sites and look for the best body spa and massage offer.
Read Full Post »